Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chocolate Covered Coconut Balls

This recipe came from my mom's aunt Frankie.  She used to make these at Christmas time, and I always looked forward to them.  The original recipe used chocolate chips and paraffin, but I have changed it to use the chocolate candy coating available today.  In the photo you will notice that I did not dip them 100%.  I was making these and peanut butter balls on the same day, and I did not want to get them mixed up while they cooled and set.







Frankie's Chocolate-Covered Coconut Balls

2 7 oz. cans coconut
1 can Eagle Brand milk
2 sticks butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 boxes powdered sugar
1 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
1 pkg chocolate candy coating

Mix coconut, milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and pecans and form into 1” balls. Place balls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or platter. Place in freezer until firm. Melt chocolate coating per directions on package. Dip balls using a toothpick and place on wax paper or parchment paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment